Our experience includes a wide range of labor and employment issues, from emergency matters requiring immediate relief to litigation or alternative dispute resolution. In addition, we are very proactive and advise clients on policies and practices to avoid litigation.
The focus of the attorneys at Howard O. Bernstein, P.C. is to assist clients with the compliance requirements for the myriad of applicable federal and state employment laws.
Our attorneys are familiar with virtually all aspects of employment, including:
- Advising commercial clients in the areas of pay classification and pay practice
- Employee discipline and termination
- Interviewing and hiring regulations
- Protecting intellectual property (including non-compete, non-solicitation, separation agreements and trade secret agreements)
- Wage and hour laws
- Internal investigations
- Workplace violence
- Privacy protection
- Employee handbooks and employment policies
- Social media policies
- Corporate codes of conduct
- Executive compensation
- Employee benefits
- Employment agreements
- Preventive workplace advice
- LGBT, Gender Identity
We represent individuals in matters relating to discrimination, wrongful termination, harassment, hostile work environment, FMLA, unemployment insurance claims and wage claims. We have extensive experience drafting and reviewing Noncompetition, Nondisclosure, and Severance Agreements.